Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Saturday 15 August 2015

Parchment Gift Boxes...sizing

Hiya Folks!  Just a little update to my Blog Post of the 4th  August regarding the Gift Box I designed using the Claritystamp Groovi Plates. ( click on the link below to see full instructions)
I was asked the question : can they be made bigger....and the answer is yes!


I had to check my design out first...just to be sure....didn't think there would be a problem...there was however one drawback!   The parchment I had in my stash!!  I wanted to make the biggest box I could but the largest Parchment I had was 12 x 12 cm. From this I made a 10cm Square Pyramid Box.

If you are reading this post then you will want to know my formula!
(You will still have to read the original post on how to make the boxes)

I used the Nested Square Groovi Plate to measure out my box base.  My first box had a 7 x 7cm base which resulted in using a sheet of 21 x 21 cm parchment and from that I have worked out that the size of Parchment needed is 3 times the length of one side of the Base Square. Use the Nested Square Groovi Plate for PERFECT Squares.  (The squares go up in 1cm increments...handy or what!!)
Size of Parchment Required
A4
5cm Square Base = 15 x 15cm     6cm Square Base = 18 x 18cm      7cm Square Base = 21 x 21cm                                                
12 x 12
8cm Square Base = 24 x 24cm     9cm Square Base = 27 x 27cm      10cm Square Base = 30 x 30 cm

A3
11cm Square Base = 33 x 33cm    12cm Square Base = 36 x 36 cm    13cm Square Base = 39 x 39cm

Mark for Triangle Insert
('Dot' on instructions)
This mark should be placed at (1 cm) less than the length of one side of Square Base
for example
5cm Square Base = Dot marked at (4cm) out from edge of embossed square
8cm Square Base = Dot marked at (7cm) out from edge of embossed square
11cm Square Base = Dot marked at (10cm) out from edge of embossed square 

I would also like to point out that in the Larger Pyramid Box I decided to use the Outer Edge of the Nested Ovals Groovi Plate to get my curve...just to see if it would work as well as the Nested Circles.
As you can see...it did!!

I hope these measurements are helpful to any who are going to make the boxes.
If you do, please let me know as I would love to see your versions. 
If you do not have a blog of your own then I would be happy to share it for you.
You can email me at

emmburns58@gmail.com

Happy Crafting 

Hugs 

Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment