Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Tuesday 9 September 2014

Daydreamer Birthday Reflection

Hi Folks!  I have a birthday card for a man to share with you today.  I have used some old techniques to create this card along with a new one (to me that is).  So lets get down to it!

I started by making my own ink pad.  (old technique) I stamped the Daydreamer in Black Archival Ink onto ranger Felt Pad.  I then painted over the image with Rainbow Inks. (Cranberry, Bottle, Butterscotch, eggplant)  (store in a snap and seal bag).  I then stamped my Daydreamer Stamp onto the pad and stamped this onto my Gelli Plate. I placed my Clarity Coated Card onto the Plate and took a print. (new technique to me). I then turned my card around and re-stamped my Daydreamer onto the pad and then onto the Clarity card...thus getting a reflection!


So out came the copy paper to cover the top half.  I used my brayer, scrunched up copy paper, Adirondack Stream and Eggplant along with a blending mat to create the water.  I also used the outer mask of the large moon from Claity Stamp and coloured the inside of this using a large Stencil Brush and Whispers Staw Mat and Sunshine inks.




I then covered the water over and worked on the sky.  I put the Inner Moon Mask on only AFTER putting in my clouds using Clear Versamark and Cotton Wool (very old technique).  I then used the Brayer again to colour the sky with Memento - Summer Sky and Distress - Stormy Sky ink pads. I then placed the outer mask of the Moon onto the image BEFORE removing the inner mask.  I then repeated what I did with the stencil Brush and inks.  I removed the mask and then took the Straw Mat blended with the Sunshine ink and brushed along the full horizon.  I removed all the masking tape and then got out my kitchen roll and gave the whole image a polish.

Now for some reason my inks had bled onto the tiny white border that I had created so I had to come up with a solution to fix this!  I tried using a white micron pen...it bled every where (duffer),  I tried a white pencil...nah looked naff.  So in the end I went for the simplest solution, raked through my stash and found a sheet of White Peel-offs.  Sorted!!  (top tip...best way to get good corners without bumps is to cross the strips over and then take a sharp knife and using the point only press through both layers.

I coloured a piece of satin card  with Stream and Eggplant (blended on my mat) and using the Perfect Layers Rulers trimmed to fit.  This was then mounted onto a square card and the sentiment  stamped in Eggplant and coloured with the spare ink on the blending mad.

Glad to say the card was well recieved.  I know I am very happy with it.  I am really liking using the Gelli Plate for doing reflections.  Once agian I have to thank Barbara Gray for showing this technique on her blog...You should all check her daily blog, the woman is just brilliant!

Here is the finished card


                             



Happy Crafting!

Emma xx

No comments:

Post a Comment