Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Tuesday 13 May 2014

Bentley - Just For You Card

Hi folks!  Hope you are all well out there in Craft Land.  I have a quick card to show you all this morning and I will accompany it with as little 'waffle' as possible.

Starting with A5 white card which I then trimmed with a square die. I stamped my main image in Versamark then I used  BLACK embossing powder and heat set.  I then returned my 'square' back to the die before colouring.  This kept the edge white.

I coloured the Teddy with a Caramel Promarker adding a little bit of Blush to the ears and nose. I used Canary for the centre of the daisies.
 
I stamped the flowers from the image onto a post-it note (at the sticky end) and cut out the flowers and a little bit for the nose.













Next step, copy paper, Archival - Fern Green, Clarity Stencil Brush and put in a little bit of background.
I stamped the little bird on top of the sentiment in Black Archival then I stamped the flower in Archival Fern Green.  I used Distress Ink - Faded Jeans for the sky.  I then added some shading under the flowers and the sentiment.









(why is the flower then two tone)  I stamped it first onto copy paper using the Black ink, cleaned it slightly and then went into the fern green.  I removed 'square' from the die and I edged it with Marsh Green Promarker.  Mounted my 'square' onto a piece of Pale Mint card which had been through a Daisy embossing folder.  (I used the De-Boss side).  This was then mounted onto a Bright White 8 x 8 Square card blank.



The result is a lovely FRESH looking card suitable for any occasion.  

So now for a bit of 'waffle'...I took a lovely photo of this card, the lighting was perfect...then I realised that I hadn't taken the ickle bit of post-it note off the teddy's nose.  Uploaded the pics to computer then had to go back and re-photo (is that a word - no red line coming up under it?) only the lighting wasn't the same...TYPICAL!

It took longer to cut out the masks for the daisies than it did to make the whole card...didn't help that the end of my scissors are a bit blunt.  Any tips on how to sharpen curved scissors? 

The stamps used for this card were as follows:
Main Image - Teddy with Sentiment (one stamp)  Bentley Bear Daisy Chain Stamp and Embossing Folder Set...Free with  Cardmaking & Papercrafting Magazine.

Bird and Flowers - from Garden Set from Clarity Stamp.

Hope you like it.

Happy Crafting.

Hugs Emma x



No comments:

Post a Comment