Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Sunday 25 May 2014

Aged Mahogany Birthday Card

Hi Folks!  Well I shall end this week with a post of the Birthday Card that I made for my husband's 50th. He loved the picture that I made for him by the way (http://emmburns.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/hi-folks-another-little-post-from-me.html  - posted 29th April)  I made his card to match the picture.

I started with a square of Clarity Coated Card (cut down from the A5).  I masked off the edges with low tack tape and using Ranger Distress Ink - Aged Mahogany I stamped my tree in place.  The tree is actually three stamps, two Split Trees - a left and a right. Also a single stem of Birch Leaves (it comes in two sizes, I used the small one here).  I then stamped the floral border along the bottom of the card.  This stamp comes from the new Gardening Set.












I did quite a bit of secondary stamping with this card, it helps to give the final image more depth.



I then took some roughly torn copy paper and shaded in the background with the same ink and my trusty Brayer (BOB). I added the Floral Branch and the Birds from theBirdhouse and Garden Set along with the two stamps from the Happy Words Set.

I then removed the low tack tape, gave the card a polish (it comes up with a lovely sheen and makes it look as though it has been professionally printed.


I took a piece of scrap card and using my ink pad directly to it, I coloured around the edges.  I then attached my polished card to it using double sided tape and then trimmed it using my brilliant Perfect Layers Ruler. You can get them from http://www.joannasheen.com/  This I then attached to a Brilliant White 8 x 8 inch card and the result is :


Unfortunately my photography is crap and doesn't show up how white the card is or how I have deliberately not shaded in any sky.  I felt that using such a dark colour on the card needed some balance with the white. 

I hope you like it as much as I do.  I would love to hear your comments, I read and appreciate every one of them and I do try my best to respond as soon as possible.

Happy Crafting

Hugs 

Emma xx

I am entering this in the following challenge:

http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.ca/  Birthday.


No comments:

Post a Comment