Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Saturday 22 March 2014

Flower Fairy Duet

Hi Folks!  I have another Flower Fairy for you here.  Actually two!  Last minute request for Birthday cards for two little girls who have their special day close to each other and I am told usually share their Birthday Party. So I decided to do two similar cards and the Flower Fairies are great for that.

I asked what their favourite colour was and also their hair colour and I took things from there.

I began  by stamping both images onto ONE sheet of A5 Theuva Card from Clarity Stamp.  I used Spectrum Noir Pens to colour in the blue Fairy and Pro Marker Pens to colour in the Pink Fairy.  I cut out the images using a frame die from Spellbinders.  For those perfectionists out there...Yes I did miss out a bit at the bottom of the die but  I knew that I would be covering this up later.  I am conserving my Theuva Card until I can get it re-stocked. You can get it in A4 too.  It is brilliant for stamping, brayering and Die Cuts.



I added Glamour Dust to the Blue Fairy and I used a Wink of Stella glitter pen to add a touch of sparkle to the Pink Fairy.





Using the largest of the Frame set I cut out two backing pieces to co-ordinate with the Fairies and mounted these onto a white card with double sided tape.  I then mounted my images using double sided foam pads.



















I cut out two tags using a die that I got from a magazine, stamped in the Happy Birthday using Brilliance Ink pads and attached with double sided tape.  I then cut out some leaves in white paper and coloured them to match the fairies.  I also cut out some leaves from green vellum.  I then cut out some flowers and coloured these too.  I attached them onto the cards using papermania glue. I added flat backed pearls to the centre of the flowers and this is the final result.


I have just got feedback that the girls were really chuffed with their cards and have asked that I make all their birthday cards in the future.  Bless them. xx

Hope you all like them too.

Happy Crafting!

Emma xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment