Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Sunday 26 January 2014

Vellum Birthday Card with Poinsettia

This was the first Birthday Card of the year for me. I nearly forgot to do a post about it as I am packing up house. I had all but packed up my craft room,  so just before I closed the last boxes on it all, I cut out some Dies with my Bigshot.  I used White Satin Card for the 4 corner flourishes, Pale Green Vellum for the Leafy Swirl and Leaves for the Flower.  White Vellum for the Flower and the Sentiment.

I had been working on a Panel of Vellum using a couple of my metal Stencils.  I decided to give the Panel a bit of colour using Tinta Gold, Pearl and Green ink.  I used a quill (mapping pen) to give the fine details.  I wanted the piece to remain delicate.  After I coloured I set about cutting the Panel out with my Parchment Scissors.  I then took a piece of Pale Green Vellum and cut out another panel using a paper trimmer with the wavy line.  This panel was to go behind the main panel.

I Stamped the Happy Birthday onto White Vellum, etched in the Tinta Gold, pierced around and then cut out.  I mounted my Green panel onto my base card and then added the White Panel.  I then attached my 4 corners.  Next step was to create the Vellum Flower (Poinsettia)  and attach this to the card.  I Placed the leafy swirl in the corner first, then the flower and then I pushed in a green vellum leaf.  Finally adding the sentiment.




This is the finished card (obviously).  I am also obviously crap at taking photos...nah lets blame it on the lighting.  You can hardly make out the Green Panel in this light but it is there!   I wanted a layered look but also to keep it delicate.  Might have been able to leave the top two corners off, what do you think?

Happy Crafting!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment