Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Saturday 11 January 2014

Noel Card version 2


Hi again folks!  Well as I said at the end of my last post here is the 2nd version of the Noel card.


So once again I printed and cut out the little Forever friends Teddy.  I glittered their hats this time with a Rich Brown Glitter.  Glazed the letters and then glued Rich Brown Glitter to them once the glaze was dry.  (the glitter is from papermania)

I am so glad that I have two of these trays.  Glitter is so messy.  I dust my trays with talcum powder then give them a good thump to get rid of the excess talc before using glitter or embossing powders.  It really does help when it comes to putting the excess back in their respective containers.

So next step was to make the card itself.  I wanted this to be large so I took a piece of A4 white card and scored it lengthways on my Crafters Companion Scoreboard (tri-fold A4).  This gave me a little overlap (intended).  I attached a Glittery Ribbon down this edge.  (the pre-taped ribbons you can buy are the perfect length for this).

I knew that I wanted to mute the white of the background card and I had a perfect piece of patterned Vellum just right for this which I made into a wraparound for the card.  I attached the vellum to the front of the card with 4 spaced out pieces of Strong Double Sided Tape (these will be hidden with the toppers).


Using two square dies I matted my little teddies onto first White Card and then onto Rich Brown Glitter Card that matches the Glitter that I had used on the letters and hats.  I then attached these to the vellum. I put in my insert and then I had to make a custom envelope to fit the card.  When the card stands open the Ribbon (obviously) stays with the back piece of the card therefore adding a bit of bling to the edge of the insert.  I like this effect and have used it before just not on a card this long!



































I will be entering this into:

http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk

Happy crafting everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment