Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Friday 27 December 2013

Teal teddy Shaker Card

So for another of my Christmas cards.

I began by cutting out the background shape using a die from my collection and white card.  I then had a play with some of my new stamps that I had purchased from my comment candy win from http://barbaragrayblog.blogspot.co.uk/.  This set is from the remountable leaves that go with the Naked trees of Africa.

I made a background using copy paper, makeup sponge and Faded Jeans distress ink.  I then stamped my leaves.

I had cut out an image from my Forever Friends Christmas Collection CD and I decided to colour in the Teddy's jacket with Teal Zeal Distress Marker, I gave the little robin a coloured scarf to match.


I cut out the same die shape on Silver Foiled card and Acetate ( I like to use the kind that has protective film on it as acetate is so easy to scratch ).  I used two dies to cut out the foiled card so that I would get a thin frame for the front of the finished card. I mounted my teddy onto the background. To get the depth that I would need, I actually attached my Foam tape sideways onto the background.  I achieved this by sticking double sided  tape to the edge of the foam tape and then arranged it around the edge of the background.  (I did this as I only had a small area to work with for my chosen shape and using the double sided tape held the foam tape in position).  I then took off the protective cover from the inside edge of the FOAM tape and dusted it with Talcum Powder to De - tack it as this was now the exposed area.



Then I attached the acetate to the silver frame.  Before attaching this to the base I poured in some white crystals to form fake snow.  I used a silicon glue to attach the front frame.  I then removed the protective cover from the outer edge of the foam tape and attached a pale blue ribbon from my craft stash.

I cut out some leaves using a Marianne die and also a label from my spellbinders labels 4 die.  I very lightly distressed the edges of  the label with faded jeans distress ink and stamped the greeting in Teal Zeal Memento ink. I arranged the leaves that I had cut out from satin card, vellum and white card ( which I had coloured to match the jacket ) around the main image and added a few sprigs to the label.  I then added two pieces of the same pale blue ribbon that I had added to the edge.  I mounted this to the top of my base card.

And there you have it...a Teal Teddy Shaker Card


Hope you like it,

Hugs 

Emma x


Competition entries:
December 2013 Challenge #29 - "Contemporary Christmas"

http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
Last minute Christmas cards or any not shown already

http://craftingbydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/anything-goes-double-wrap-it-upnew.html
Double Challenge Part 2, It's All New

No comments:

Post a Comment