Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Monday 2 December 2013

Rose Panel

Hi again Folks!  So today I got my Comment Candy Win and I have started to play with it.  My first play is with the New Rose Panel Stencil from who else but ClarityStamp 

I began by cutting an A4 sheet of Double Sided Tape down to 10.5 x 24.5cm.  I took the Rose Panel Stencil, smooched it with a Tumble Dryer Sheet and placed this down onto the Double Sided Sheet, removing the top protective layer first, which I then had to put back in place.  I then took a Small Ball Tool and went over all the edges of the design then I went around again with a pencil.  I removed the protective layer and proceeded to cut out the Leaves and the Roses.  I replaced the protective layer back in place. 
Once the tedious stuff had been done I got out my Gilding Flakes. I used Large Gold Gilding Flakes on the exposed Leaves and the Roses.  I gave them a bit of a Burnish with my Finger Sponge and then I removed the Protective Layer and got in about the edges with my Large Copper Gilding Flakes.  When I got around to Burnishing I did it from the outer edges inwards.  I then laid down more Copper Gilding Flakes and Burnished the lot.  I then removed the Rose Panel Stencil and I took a paint brush and brushed in Pearlescent Wine (Perfect Pearls Beautiful Earth Collection).                                                   
My next step was to mount this on to a piece of 300gsm Pearlescent Mauve Parchment.  I trimmed this using my Perfect Layers Ruler. (If mounting sticky sheets it is always best to gently lay down in the middle while keeping hold of the ends and then slowly lay these down).  I finally layered this onto a piece of  350 gsm Matte Black Card from my stash and the result is .....


I think I will have to look for a frame for this as I really like it a lot, I hope you do too!

I am away to play again!

Happy crafting!

p.s.  Thanks once again Barbara Gray for picking out my name xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment