Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Saturday 21 December 2013

Hi Folks!  Still making Christmas cards!  So last post I passed on my tip for making a fringe for the end of a paper scarf using thread.  At the time I had not fully made up the card...I was trying to get a production line going but not succeeding.  But I have finally got that batch of cards finished and mailed, so now I can take a little time out for blogging!

So to recap, after building up my image (Forever Friends Teddy). I cut off the paper fringe and added the blue thread and left it to dry.








So while the glue was drying I cut out two layers.  One was a blue striped backing paper, the other was a piece of hammered card from my stash and I began building up a background scene using Copy Paper, Ink duster, Memento Summer Sky ink pad, and a moon mask.  Once I had built up the colour to the shade I wanted, I began to stamp up some plant life.




I of course reached for my favourite stamps which are of course Clarity Stamps.  They have quite an extensive range of stamps and are of the very best quality.  Part of their range is the Mini stamps which are great for doing mini landscapes or for even using them as a seal with wax on the back of an envelope.

I used two Clarity Stamps both from a Leaf set for the Naked trees of Africa.  I stamped them using Distress Ink - faded Jeans.  I layered my two pieces onto white card, put in my insert and then added my topper.









I then used a glue pen to add some Glamour dust to highlight the scene.






I have made two sizes of this card.  I have also matted one onto plain smooth white card and the other larger one onto White Pearlescent card.  The blue background paper was cut out using a Spellbinder and a Nellie Snellen Die.



















So over the next few days I will post the last of the other cards I have made for Christmas that I actually remembered to take photos of to share with you all.

Hugs to all

Emma xxx

  

No comments:

Post a Comment