Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Wednesday 11 December 2013

Christmas Parchment Fairy



I was asked  to do a few Christmas Fairy cards and I thought I would show this one.  I had borrowed the image of this Fairy from a friend.  I had stamped the outline in black ink knowing that it would look lovely in Parchment. So I had my image which I traced onto parchment with my finest ball tool.  I had decided to keep it quite simple and keep the design to whitework and gold and then add some colour by using a patterned christmas paper as a frame.

I also decided to make a rosette to hold the sentiment 'Have a Magical Christmas'.  I took a small piece of gold Vellum, a small piece of a wine coloured patterned paper, two Slider Dies and put these through my Bigshot.  I used another piece of Gold Vellum, stamped my verse in Plum Adirondack, then pierced around it with my large two needle tool and then cut this out with my parchment scissors.  I added a red Organza ribbon and then attached this to the card.

                                        
To give the fairy depth, I worked on both sides of the Parchment.  I added the contrast to the whitework using Tinta Pearl on the underside of the 'skirt' and Tinta Gold to the ribbon, twigs, hair and slippers. 

                                                                  Once I was happy with the depth of the whitework I matted the Parchment onto a brown pearlescent paper. I then used a gold ink pad and a bronze ink pad directly onto the exposed edge of the paper...it is quite difficult to match up golds so my solution is not to try but to add a complimentary shade randomly.  It seems to work.  I matted the Frame over the Parchment, I then matted this onto the coloured paper. I trimmed the excess paper so that there was an even overlap.  I then matted this onto White card, added the ribbon and rosette.  There you have it, one Christmas Fairy!



Hope you like it,  Hugs to all xx

No comments:

Post a Comment