Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Monday 18 November 2013

Recycle time again!

Hi Folks!  Well am I behind in my Christmas card list or what!  It doesn't help when one has a stinking cold...sniffles, sore throat...coughing and a watery eye (simpathy welcome)  I even took the precaution of getting my flu jab...so much for that.  I started on some parchment cards over the weekend but had to stop as I couldn't focus.  So I have amused myself with making some more embellishments with my Bigshot.  I am also doing a bit of recycling.

This Christmas tree Die was a freebie in a craft magazine. It is quite delicate once cut, but if you use metal or as in this case a Foil Lid it makes it quite sturdy.  Sturdy enough to have a small stencil too.





These foil lids can be used with quite a variety of dies as the following photos show










I had these cleaned and sitting on my kitchen work surface ready to go into my recycle bin when I thought that I would give them a try.  As they have a textured inside to them they are ideal for using Alcohol Inks to add colour to.  (I did this but forgot to upload the photos of the results...but the inks worked great...blaming my cold for forgetting)

I have decided to not leave my house this week at all (as I am not up to it really) and just concentrate on my christmas card list and hopefully get more blogging done too.

Bye for now folks!  Happy crafting xx







No comments:

Post a Comment