Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Wednesday 27 November 2013

Mini Teddy Decoupage

Hi Folks!  I would like to start of by saying that I am having a bit of a problem with comments to my Blog.  It seems that this <no-reply@blogger.com> is to blame.  I did the test ( commented on an old post and right enough it came from blogger no-reply.)  So if you feel that your Blog is not getting many comments or none then check it out.  I have tried a couple of different things to try and fix this but didn't seem to work. so my final try at sorting it was to go into my post settings on G+ and change the setting 'who can comment on my posts' (it was already set for public) but what I did was use the down arrows to change it to circles then changed it back again to public.  This actually saved the setting this time (a little message flashed up to tell me it had) So here's hoping!

Now for a card.  This is another printout from the Forever Friends Christmas Character disc.  I have printed it out on two sheets - the first setting on printer was PLAIN PAPER the second sheet was printed on Super Smooth Decoupage paper so my setting was PHOTO PAPER MATTE.  The reason for this...it saves on ink as the bottom layer is going to be covered (only works if you are going to make decoupage from a single image) (or you can enhance your top image with promarkers, gel pens, glitter etc.)

I began with embossing a Snowflake on to a pale blue sheet of card from my stash and also to the front of the white card that my final piece would be added to.  I used a Clarity Stamp Snowflake for this, along with Clear Embossing Powder.










I cut out the first image from the sheet using a Square Die and quickly took my embossing ball tool around the edge to give it detail (was quicker just to do this at the time)

I matted my first printed sheet to the blue snowflake sheet and trimmed using my Perfect Layers Ruler. I then enhanced the images on the 2nd sheet using a Red Glitter, Green Glitter, Gold Glitter, and Blue Glitter Gel Pens. I also coloured all the lettering with an Artic Blue Pro Marker.   Next I cut out ALL the letters and also the presents and the christmas tree and star...was a bit time consuming and fiddly but worth it.  I stored all the bits in a little ATC bag so as not to lose them. I mounted them onto my first sheet using double sided foam pads

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

I then mounted this to my card using Strong Double Sided Tape. Although  this is only two layers, it is always better to use a Strong fixative when doing decoupage...I have had them fall off the card when I first started making cards - not funny!  
So here is the finished article!
It certainly catches the light!  I just love it.  I made one similar to this last year but I didn't colour or emboss. I like this version better. I hope you do too.

Crafty hugs to all x

I am going to enter this in to the following challenges:
                                                                                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment