Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Saturday 28 September 2013

Vintage Clarity Challenge!

Hi Folks!  End of the month again!  Time is just passing too quickly!  So I have been busy helping a friend decorate her new home and she asked me to do a few pieces of art work for her.   So now that the walls are painted I have finally got round to making a start on her art work.  I have managed to finish this one in time to enter it into the Clarity Stamp Challenge for this month. 

The theme for September is Vintage and this piece fits the bill.  This is an Ink on Canvas 5 x 7 inches.

I have used the  Beatrice stamp along with the Wild Rose Clever Corner.  I started this piece by making a mask from post-it notes of the lady and placing it over my stamped image, I also stamped the corner of the wild rose stamp cutting out the rose (two layers of post-it were required...cut once).  Next I shaded the canvas with Plum Adirondack ink using an ink duster to begin with over the corners then using a foam pad to darken them.  I added shading around my mask of the central image being careful not to go near the lines of the framework in the wild rose image.  After removing the masks I used a promarker (Blush) to colour in the exposed arms and face and also to the centre of the flowers.  I then very lightly tinted the petals with Pearlescent Crimson Brilliance ink.  I chose the colours in this piece as they will fit in with my friend's colour scheme and also because the images have a nice serene feel to them.  Pieces two and three coming soon!

Happy crafting everyone x


No comments:

Post a Comment