Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Wednesday 11 September 2013

Lighthouse Birthday Card and Lighthouse painting

Hi Folks!  This project was made for my big brother David who is 70 today.  He has spent a lifetime at sea and now lives looking out at the lighthouse at Newhaven Harbour in Edinburgh.  I decided to give him another lighthouse to look at by making him a card and also doing a painting for him to match. 

The card was made using Clarity Paper (coated) and Clarity Stamps for the trees and the detail in the foreground island. 

I made a mask out of post-it notes for the lighthouse and houses which I then put in place on my paper.

I used a makeup sponge to colour in the sky with Whispers Starry Starry Night ink. I then used torn copy paper to form hills with my sponges and whispers Savoy Green and Memento Olive Grove.

For the front island I partially removed the masks for the lighthouse and houses (I used the masks as I wanted them to stay mainly white except for the shading that I was going to do.) I then coloured in this island using the same colours as above making sure that they were a bit darker. I used a pointillism stamp from Clarity Stamp to give extra detail.

I used Starry Starry Night and Ranger Distress Faded Jeans to colour in the sea.

I stamped my trees with Memento Olive Grove and to add a bit of shading I used a mix of Lettuce and Pesto from my 'Big and Juicy' pad Spice.

I then removed the masks from the lighthouse and houses and using a Promarker (cool grey 1) I drew in the details.  (I also used warm grey 4, pastel beige and putty) I used my ultra fine nibs for the Promarkers (they are great for small details).
 
I drew in the two sets of birds with Promarkers (true blue and cool grey 1) .  Then using my Perfect Layers Rulers I did a bit of trimming and layering and mounted this all on to textured blue card.
 
I cut out an oval and stamped the sentiment (which is not a Clarity Stamp) and then distressed this a bit using the Distress ink Faded Jeans.  This was mounted onto the card at an angle using Foam Tape.

 
 Ink on Canvas
30 x 40 cm
 












I used the same techniques and inks etc for this canvas.  The colours are a bit darker as it is Canvas.  I just love how the sky and the lighthouse turned out.  Hope you all like it too.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment