Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Friday 19 July 2013

Clarity Stamp Challenge # 5

The challenge for July is 'Oh I Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside'. 
 
My entry is dedicated to all of you crafters who like me won't get away for a holiday this year.  I have to admit that the best time for me on holiday apart from taking a lot of photos, eating lots of food that I don't usually eat and of course the Vino! is the Sunsets. I make sure wherever I am on holiday be it in this country or abroad that I take a photo of a sunset every night.  I have seen some amazing sunsets in my time and they are just so relaxing.  So this is for YOU for when you do get one.

 

I used the Clarity Stamps opposite for the
main image combining the colours from the Big and Juicy Soothing Sunset ink pad with the Plum Archival ink pad.
 
On this occasion I started on the sunset background.  I tore a piece of copy paper lengthwise, using a ruler so that it would be rough but not hilly and placed this over my white card.  With the yellows in the large ink pad, brayer and splodge mat, I went over the area on the horizon a few times. 
 

I placed a large circle for the sun roughly in the middle of the card then I continued with the darker colours in the ink pad working down from the top to the horizon.  I then removed the sun mask and  using an ink duster and a mixture of blended Archival Plum and the yellow from the large ink pad I placed a few strokes across the sun to give it a bit more atmosphere.

I then covered up the sky and worked on the sea with my brayer and the Plum Archival ink.  Next I stamped the birdcages then the palm leaves.

Using my bigshot and spellbinder label dies I cut out two labels and gave them a two-tone look to go with the sunset.  I stamped the Happy Holidays  from Clarity Stamp Happy word set onto the labels.  I then cut two small pieces of burgundy satin ribbon through opposite holes in the labels before attaching to the card.

I made a backing paper using the same colours as before but this time over stamping with the small ocean swirl stamp

Silly me forgot to take a photo of this before I put it all together with double sided tape.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment