Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Sunday 16 June 2013

Get Well Card #1

Hello Folks.  Hope you have all had a good crafting week.  I know I have.  My five minutes of fame went live today on Clarity Stamp Challenge Blog.  So thank you to the team at Clarity Stamp Blog for choosing my entry to be in the top 5 favourite for "its all in the sentiment" Challenge. 
So on with today's card...

I made this card using a combination of Clarity Stamps, Car Boot and ebay purchase.  (details at end of Blog).
My colours were achieved by using Memento Teal Zeal Ink Pad, Memento Teal Zeal Dual Marker, Brayer, Splodge Mat and Makeup Sponge.

I Started by making Masks for the Teddy, Moon and Fence. I then stamped the Teddy on to Theuva Card and covered with mask. Next I stamped the Fence in place - slightly higher than Teddy's feet, I then stamped the Fern in place in front of the fence.

I stamped the Foliage Branch around the top part of the card and then the Flying Birds.  I then put the Moon Mask and Fence Mask in Place


I used the Brayer and Splodge Mat to create the shading.  I built the colour up coming in from the top corners first and then coming up along the bottom.

I then used my makeup Sponge to give a little shading around the flowers and the Teddy and the Fern.

After removing the masks I then used my Memento Teal Zeal Dual Marker to build up the colour on the flowers and also the bow.  I left the moon and the teddy itself completely white.

I removed the Stencil Tape from around the image and trimmed it down. I then used my Dual Marker and a ruler to give it a darker edge.  I then matted this onto Super Smooth Card which I then matted onto Silky Smooth Cream Card. The finished Card itself measures 6 x 6"

To make the sentiment I stamped onto Printable Acetate and allowed to dry (had a cuppa) before cutting out as close to the wording as possible then attaching it to the card with double sided tape.

ITEMS USED
Clarity Stamp  Lesson 18 Birdhouse and Fence (10 stamps) used: Fence, Flying Birds, Foliage Branch (this was purchased through Create & Craft TV)
Car Boot Purchase: Teddy with Flowers
ebay Purchase: Wooden Get Well
Memento Ink Pad & Dual Marker: Teal Zeal
Printable acetate,
Theuva Card, Cream Silky smooth Card,
White Super Smooth Card.
Splodge Mat, Copy paper, Stencil Tape, Makeup Sponge, Post-it notes

 

No comments:

Post a Comment