Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Thursday 16 May 2013

Timepiece Birthday card

This Birthday Card was made for my husbands birthday today. He likes Fob Watches so the stamps that I used were ideal.  (both were free gifts from a craft mag) I also used a Frame stamp that I picked up at a car boot sale a few years back.
 
To make the frame I used Theuva Card from Clarity Stamp, two post-it notes, glaze, Black Archival ink and a Happy Birthday stamp.  I stamped the frame onto the post-it notes then cut one around the inside edge (Mask 1) and the other around the outside edge (Mask 2)  I Stamped the Happy Birthday onto Theuva Card then I stamped the Frame around this.  I covered the inside with Mask 1. I then dabbed around the edge of the frame with Old Paper Distress Ink using a makeup sponge. I removed the mask and used what ink was left on the sponge to lightly distress the inside panel of the frame.  After this I cut around the frame then I glazed the edge and left it to dry.



Timepiece by Emma Burns
 Using more Theuva Card, I taped up the edges with stencil tape, stamped the frame and then covered it with mask 2.  Following this, I randomly stamped the fob watches with Black archival Ink. Making use of my splodge mat, brayer and Antique Linen Distress Ink I took the whiteness away from the card and then used a makeup sponge to make it more distressed in the corners and edges.  I used Old Paper Distress Ink and a makeup sponge to create a shadow around the frame by dabbing my sponge into the ink, dabbing the excess off on copy paper then dabbing along the edge of the covered frame.


Items used
I removed Mask 2 then I threaded the metal clock on to Black Satin ribbon which I then attached to the front, taping the ends on the back.  This I then matted on to black shiny card trimmed to 1/2 cm wider than the main picture. Which I then attached to White Satin Card.

Once the Glaze was dry on the frame I attached it to the card with foam pads.  And to stop the metal watch from moving I ran a bit of double sided tape from my mouse on the back of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment