Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Sunday 12 May 2013

Shades of Blue

Hello Folks!  I have been so busy reading other peoples blogs that I thought it best to get along with my own.  I have a few projects on the go at the moment but the one I like most ( till the others are finished) is this Shades of Blue Birthday Card.  I made it for my daughter Leanna for her 25th today.  She has been keeping all the cards that I have made for her and displays them in her room, so I thought that this card should look more like a painting rather than just another card.

I chose a blue theme as that is the colours in her room.  I used satin cardstock for the card and super smooth card for the picture then to finish it off, added a Slim frame cut (carefully) out of super smooth card which I attached with double sided foam tape.




I have used three tree stamps, two sizes of Beech Leaf, two sizes of grasses all from Clarity Stamp.  The Birds stamp comes from a Lighthouse set from Inkando  and I have to be honest and say that I cannot remember where I got the middles grasses from (old age me thinks!)

To achieve all the leafy frame, I used the Large Beech Leaf with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink using 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation inking. I also used the chipped sapphire for all the other stamping which I put in place before doing the hills and sky. (also used a circle cut from a post it note to form the mask for the moon).  I used torn copy paper, chipped sapphire distress ink and a makeup sponge to give the shading for the hills and I used my Ink dusters with Memento - Summer Sky and  Faded Denim distress Ink for the sky.


I used cotton wool dabbed onto Versamark ink to help form the clouds

No comments:

Post a Comment