Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Friday 1 January 2016

Happy New Year and Thank You!

Hi Folks!  HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.  
Hoping that everyone has peace, love and joy in the coming year.

I would like to say a HUGE BIG THANK YOU to all my family, friends and followers, old and new for all the love, support and friendship that you have made me feel throughout the year.  I have received the most amazing compliments (which I hope I accepted gracefully lol).   I have been given the most wonderful hugs (actual and virtual). I have met some really amazing, talented, friendly people this past year.   You all made my year wonderful!
And for that I would like to share this card with you all!


This card is my design sample for the Claritystamp Challenge for January
 I can hardly believe how quickly 2015 passed.  

This months Challenge is Say it with Flowers.

I took a piece of 7 x 7 Gelli Card, placed the square 7 x 7 Stencil on top (secured with tape to make a hinge at the top).
I stamped the Thank You through the aperture with Archival Fern Green, then using a Clarity Stencil Brush and Adirondack Pesto  I lightly brushed around the inner edge.  I then lifted the stencil up on its hinge and placed the inner square of the stencil over the sentiment (the shading comes in handy for keeping it straight)
To build up the design I stamped the Floral Border around the edges (Fern Green). I then added the Edelweiss in the corner. I used this stamp to make 4 masks from post-it notes and put them in place. 
I stamped the Lily of the Valley stamp over the top, removed the masks and then went on to colouring using ProMarkers.
 I used 6 colours in all. Moss for all the leaves, Canary and Gold for the tiny flowers, Poppy and Aubergine for the little fuchsias, Henna and Gold for the Edelweiss and Henna on the Sentiment.

I used the Moss with a ultra fine nib to go around the edge of the thank you square. Just as well that I decided to go with a squiggly line....my hands were shaking with the cold at this point - heating packed in and temperature didn't half drop!

I then dropped the Square Stencil back in place and used a makeup sponge to add a bit more colour to the corners using the leftover ink from my brushing.

I trimmed the card back and with a Grey Sharpie Pen went around the edge.  I held my pen at an angle so that I would just get a very fine line.  Then I mounted the design onto a card blank.

I hope you like my design, maybe some of you will be inspired to enter the challenge yourselves!
There is a £50 gift voucher for Claritystamps Ltd up for grabs and a guest spot on the design team!
The rules are very simple and can be found following this link:  Rules

So now to get on with creating, I know that I certainly have a few things to make! 

Much love and hugs to everyone!

Happy New Year
and 
Happy Crafting

Emma xx

No comments:

Post a Comment